sábado, 5 de noviembre de 2011

NO8DO

This place is paradise.  I have never been in a place that makes me feel so happy just being.  Here, I exist in happiness and 90% of the time it is that simple. Of course, every once in a while I feel the slight tinge of loneliness that accompanies most extended travel experiences, but everyone misses the people they love.  Even with those moments of longing, it doesn't taint this pure euphoria I feel. Just walking home from school, on a rainy day, on a hot as hell day, or on a normal day, every time I get to the Triana bridge and take in my surroundings, my heart just seems to get fuller.  It's this feeling of lightness swelling up in my lungs and heart and tightening my chest.  I'm in love.  Officially in love with this place.

The Triana Bridge

This love must be relatively common because there is a famous symbol here in Seville that adorns every possible government funded item.  It's the NO8DO symbol.  And no, that is not a number eight between NO and DO.  It's the symbol of eternity, and what NO8DO means is << No me ha dejado >>. It means Sevilla will never leave my heart.  

Here's the symbol on a sewer cover. It's also on buildings, kiosks, bike racks, street signs-- pretty much anything.


My heart will never leave Sevilla, and Sevilla will never leave my heart.  





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario